Pandora Hearts, a beautifully illustrated and written manga is coming to a close after seven+ years. I wanted to celebrate this and show our gratitude to Jun Mochizuki with a high quality fanbook. (a copy will be sent to her, though copies will probably be up for sale). I am in the early steps of setting this large project up, from inviting skilled artists deciding the best publisher. Lets demonstrate to Mochizuki-sama how much we've appreciated all her amazing work by showing her the wonderful artists she inspired. To make the fanbook a truly inspiring and beautiful tribute to this gorgeous series I am inviting prominent and skilled artists that are fans of Pandora Hearts. Of course this does not mean the group is painfully exclusive, anyone interested in contributing is welcome to submit a join request form.
The fanbook is currently being set up to cover a wide variety of art forms. Categories include;
- As well as a special segment "Letters to Mochizuki" in which you can send your appreciation and sentiments to the mangaka through a special note.
Purchase and Pricing?
The fanbook will be available for purchase to all. The price is not currently confirmed until I settle on a publisher and gather the general number of pre-orders wanted/pages needed but currently the prices are estimate to be between $30-$50 (normal art book price range). Any leftover funds (if any) will be used to cover shipping costs and to cover the price of the copy sent to Mochizuki.
If you have been sent an invitation I will personally note you to get your information.
If you wish to join fill out this form with your Join Request;
Name/Pen Name: Add your name as you want it shown in the fanbook
Country: Your country will also be listed beside your work
Examples of Work: preferably feature at least three, clean non-wip examples of your work, preferably a Pandora Hearts piece
Your request will be voted upon based on your examples and other work in your gallery.
If you wish to watch the progress and wait for release please watch the group or join as a member, if you are contributing work please join as a contributor. If you wish to assist in other aspects such as looking for a publisher, keeping track of join request and submission and more please note me and we can set you up to be a co-founder.
Submission and Join Request are currently being accepted, there is no set deadline for either until further notice.
- If submitting any work please join as a contributor for easy organization and to keep you informed on group activity. If you believe you are to busy then please let me know. All artists will be informed on current events through mass group messages.
- When submitting please include a title name in the submission comments if you wish for a title to be included in the fanbook with your work.
- If your work is a collaboration or a group-cosplay please include names of all participants, as well as parts played in submission comments.
- Work strictly featuring Pandora Hearts and its characters (chains, humans, any character shown in Pandora Hearts) is acceptable, crossovers and characters not in Pandora Hearts, including fancharacters, ocs, or characters from other series are not allowed.
- Do NOT submit to featured. Featured will be for the cover image and title page images which will be voted upon at a later date.
- Up to three entries per category allowed at the moment, submission allowance may increase in the future.
- For digital OR traditional pieces:
Template for size is US Letter (8.5'' x 11''), 300 dpi, CMYK; include a bleed margin of 3 mm on all sides
landscape or portrait are fine, If its landscape make sure it would be high enough quality for two pages and could be broken through the middle (ie subject should not be in the middle unless you want it to be split)
If work is any smaller then requirement/ has transparent background then this does not apply to you, this is only if you want your work to take an entire -page.
- Work must be yours. no tracing/heavy referencing/art theft.
- If the piece is traditional work, craft, or cosplay please keep it clean. Drawings must be scanned and cropped and craft/cosplay images cannot be blurry and must have good lighting.
-work must be appropriate, no extreme mature content. If you are unsure note me. Due to the nature of the manga; gore, ideologically sensitive material, and mild sexual themes may be acceptable.
- You CAN submit old pieces as long as they conform to the above submission guidelines.
Currently there are no set dates for both submissions, join requests and release date of the fanbook. Contributors will be noted with any changes in deadlines. A rough estimation for publication of the fanbook is estimated at a year.
There will be a group vote on the cover and title page images as well as the fanbook name. This vote is open to all group-members, not just contributors